10325 E Riggs Rd
Chandler, AZ 85248
The meat manager will effectively direct and supervise all activities of the meat department and its personnel to achieve sales, profits and customer service goals established for the department.
Some Job Responsibilities include:
- Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering product information, providing selling suggestions and active sampling (when appropriate) and always giving a genuine thank you.
- Observing and enforcing all store rules and company policies.
- Selecting and training new team members.
- Scheduling meat department personnel.
- Executing, communicating and supporting all merchandising program.
- Providing excellent knowledge of all fresh, processed and packaged meat and cheese products offered for sale.
- Serving as the leader of his/her department, and as such an excellent role model, coach, performance evaluator and trainer for his/her team.
- Creating department budgets and tracking financial reports (e.g. profit and loss, sales and expenses).
- Ordering product and supplies, auditing all products delivered, ensuring proper shelf stock levels for our customers and minimum levels of product shrink.
- Producing product, able to cut and package fresh meat, pork, poultry, fish and cheese items.
- Ensuring compliance with heath department and weights and measures department requirements.
- Merchandising the department, service cases, self-service cases, frozen cases and wall deli cases according to department, store and company guidelines.
- Achieving department sales and profits goals.
- Controlling department labor, inventory, product out of stocks and shrink.
- Ensuring that safety equipment is maintained and used and members act in accordance with company safety guidelines.
- Safety sensitive position.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Applicants for this position must be at least 18 years old.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time;
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned;
This job description is subject to change at any time
Employer provides reasonable accommodations to a qualified employee that does not impose an undue hardship on the employer.
- Lead others within the meat department, following and setting goals and objectives, acknowledging member performance and holding the team accountable for their performance.
- With both customers and team members, remain helpful, tactful and courteous at all times.
- Sell merchandise, providing customers with excellent dinner solutions.
- Work quickly/efficiently to accomplish assigned duties, ensuring all team members do the same.
- Consistently merchandise attractive quality meat, poultry, and pork and fish products.
- Add, subtract, divide, multiply and perform other basic business math calculations.
- Read UPC codes, product labels, shelf signage, business forms, and posted company policies/procedures.
- Share with customers and team members an extensive knowledge of meat products.
- Share cooking methods with customers and team members.
- Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to fill and rotate products quickly and use necessary equipment, including knives, wrappers and scales.
- Communicate openly and professionally through appropriate body language, facial expressions and speech, also communicating in writing when necessary.
- Listen to and understand verbal and non-verbal communication of customers and fellow members.
- Stand for long periods of time, bend and twist, and frequently lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies weighing 20 – 30 lbs.
- Lift and maneuver up to 50 lbs and break down large and very heavy pallet loads of cases, boxes and bags.
- Operate manual and electric pallet jacks.
- Often work in walk-in refrigerated coolers.
- Work with all sorts of meat and fish items, spices, nuts, flavorings, sauces and oils.
- Work with a wide variety of cleaning chemicals including ammonia based products.