Night Crew Clerk
2124 E. McDowell Rd.
Phoenix, AZ 85006
The night crew clerk or non-checking clerk maintains and replenishes general department (grocery, frozen foods, liquor, non-foods and health and beauty care), merchandise.
- Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and team members.
- Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering product information, providing selling suggestions and always giving a genuine thank you.
- Ordering general department merchandise.
- Unloading trailers, receiving merchandise, breaking down pallets, positioning cases of product in the warehouse, sales floor or walk-in cooler.
- Keeping shelves full and faced, building attractive floor, aisle and frontend displays.
- Understanding the importance of monitoring product pricing, signage, and placement and the proper use of product shelf tags and signage.
- Keeping clean neat and orderly work areas, including well swept aisles.
- Attentively stocking dated perishable products, rotating items as necessary to ensure quality and safety.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Must be at least 18 years old.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned; This job description is subject to change at any time
Employer provides reasonable accommodations to a qualified employee that does not impose an undue hardship on the employer.
- With both customers and team members, remain helpful, tactful and courteous.
- Work quickly and efficiently, sometimes with little direction, to accomplish assigned duties.
- Add, subtract, divide, multiply and perform other basic business math calculations.
- Read UPC codes, product labels, shelf signage, business forms, and posted company policies/procedures.
- Be knowledgeable of a wide variety general department products (grocery, frozen food, HBC, non-foods, liquor, DSD and dairy), including their locations in the store.
- Memorize product locations.
- Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to fill and rotate products quickly and use necessary equipment, including box cutters..
- Communicate openly and professionally through appropriate body language, facial expressions and speech, also communicating in writing when necessary.
- Listen to and understand verbal and non-verbal communication of customers and fellow members.
- Stand for long periods of time, bend and twist, and frequently lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies weighing 30 – 50lbs.
- Lift 50 and maneuver up to 100 lbs, while breaking down large and very heavy pallet loads of produce cases, boxes and bags.
- Operate manual and electric pallet jacks.
- Often work in walk-in refrigerated coolers.
- If called upon, night crew clerks may need to learn use of cash registers.