3269 Maricopa Ave
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86406
Cake decorators create, decorate and sell bakery products, including cakes, special occasion cakes, cupcakes, snack cakes, pastries and muffins and other products.
Some Job Responsibilities include:
- Creating all varieties of cakes and cake products, by special order of using standard company styles and patterns.
- Answering phones and taking customer orders, ensuring orders are completed on time and to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and fellow team members.
- Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering product information, providing selling suggestions and active sampling and always giving a genuine thank you.
- Maintaining bakery department’s image for the highest quality and freshness.
- Controlling freshness by coding all products, rotating them and pulling any out-of-code merchandise daily.
- Wrapping, package and pricing all products accurately and legibly in accordance with established department procedures and guidelines;
- Processing cash register transactions, giving back change, processing checks, credit and debit cards, and refunds.
- Using scale printer machine, ensuring weights and pricing are correct.
- Understanding the importance of and monitoring product pricing, signage, and placement as well as the use of product shelf tags and shelf signage.
- Keeping a clean, neat and orderly check stand/sales counter and work production areas.
- Displaying baked goods following bakery department and/or merchandising guidelines.
- Taking customer orders, ensuring orders are completed on time and to the customer’s satisfaction.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Must be at least 18-years old and have 1-year of experience as a cake decorator.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time;
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned;
This job description is subject to change at any time
Employer provides reasonable accommodations to a qualified employee that does not impose an undue hardship on the employer.
- With both customers and team members, remain helpful, tactful and courteous at all times.
- Work quickly and efficiently, sometimes with little direction, to accomplish assigned duties.
- Consistently and with artistry and flair, help create quality bakery items by decorating special occasion cakes, snack cakes, breads, and pastries.
- Add, subtract, divide, multiply and perform other basic business math calculations.
- Use all necessary decorating tools and equipment including: decorating spatulas, piping/pastry bags, decorating tips, air brush machines.
- Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to use necessary equipment and efficiently decorate products.
- Learn to use register, scales, scanners and debit/credit terminals.
- Read UPC codes, product labels, shelf signage, and posted company policies/procedures.
- Openly and professionally communicate through body language, facial expressions and speech.
- Listen to and understand verbal and non-verbal communication of customers and fellow members.
- Follow all bakery department food safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Stand for long periods of time, bend and twist, and frequently lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies.
- Exert of lift up to 40 lbs.
- Work in walk-in coolers and freezers and around hot ovens and fryers.
- Work with bakery ingredients including various flours, spices, nuts, flavorings and oils.