AJ's Fine Foods
18271 N Pima Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
Along with their cashier/clerk duties the backup scanning clerk and scanning clerk ensures accurate product pricing as well as the proper use of UPC shelf tags, shelf signs and display signs.
Some Job Responsibilities include:
- Updating product pricing throughout the general department of the store.
- Pulling and using transmitted files of new items, discontinued items and new pricing.
- Ensuring all new shelf tags and signage is hung properly in a timely manner.
- Facilitating price checks, including sending pertinent messages to the pricing integrity department.
- Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and fellow team members.
- Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering product information, providing selling suggestions and always giving a genuine thank you.
- Focusing on providing fast and friendly customer service.
- Processing cash register transactions, inputting product costs, giving back change, processing checks, EBTs, WIC checks, refunds, product coupons and gift certificates.
- Understanding the importance of and monitoring product pricing, signage, and placement and the use of product shelf tags and accompanying UPC codes.
- Keeps clean, neat, and orderly check stand and work areas.
- Stocking store products, rotating them as necessary to ensure quality and safety.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Must be at least 18 years old.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time;
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned;
This job description is subject to change at any time
Employer provides reasonable accommodations to a qualified employee that does not impose an undue hardship on the employer.
- Remain helpful, tactful and courteous at all times.
- Work quickly and efficiently, sometimes with little direction, to accomplish assigned duties.
- Add, subtract, divide, multiply and perform other basic business math calculations.
- Learn to use check stand register, scales, scanners and debit/credit terminals.
- Learn to use UPC codes, store signage, and pertinent company policies and learn and memorize produce codes, plu and rdm codes, product department assignments and locations.
- Read UPC codes, product labels, checks, shelf signage, register forms, and posted company policies/procedures.
- Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to hang shelf tags and signs and use necessary equipment.
- Openly and professionally communicate through body language, facial expressions and speech.
- Listen to and understand verbal and non-verbal communication of customers and fellow members.
- Stand for long periods of time, bend and twist, and frequently lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies.
- Lift up to 30 lbs and maneuver 50 lbs,
- Work in walk-in coolers and/or freezers.