23760 S. Power Rd.
Queen Creek, AZ 85142
Providing superior customer service, the grocery service clerk stocks general department shelves, including grocery, non-foods, HBC, frozen food, liquor, dairy and frozen shelves, refrigerated merchandisers and displays. The grocery clerk also processes customer orders in an efficient, accurate, safe and courteous manner
Some Job Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and fellow team members.
- Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering product information, providing selling suggestions and always giving a genuine thank you.
- Ordering and stocking general department (grocery, dairy, frozen food, liquor, HBC and non-foods) products, rotating them as necessary to ensure quality and safety.
- Helping maintain merchandise displays, including end-caps, floor displays and aisle displays.
- Understanding the importance of and monitoring product pricing, signage, and placement and the use of product shelf tags and accompanying UPC codes.
- Focusing on providing fast and friendly customer service.
- Accurately processing cash register transactions, inputting product costs, giving back change, processing checks, EBTs, WIC checks, refunds, product coupons and gift certificates.
- Keeping clean, neat, and orderly grocery aisles check stands and work areas.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Must be at least 18-years old.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time;
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned;
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Employer provides reasonable accommodations to a qualified employee that does not impose an undue hardship on the employer.
- With both customers and team members, remain helpful, tactful and courteous at all times.
- Work quickly and efficiently, sometimes with little direction, to accomplish assigned duties.
- Add, subtract, divide, multiply and perform other basic business math calculations.
- Learn to use check stand register, scales, scanners and debit/credit terminals.
- Learn to use UPC codes, store signage, and pertinent company policies and learn and memorize produce codes, plu and rdm codes, product department assignments and locations.
- Read UPC codes, product labels, checks, shelf signage, register forms, and posted company policies/procedures.
- Memorize locations of products sold within the store.
- Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to use necessary equipment.
- Openly and professionally communicate through body language, facial expressions and speech.
- Listen to and understand verbal and non-verbal communication of customers and fellow members.
- Stand for long periods of time, bend and twist, and frequently lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies.
- As a cashier lift up to 30 lbs. and maneuver