Night Crew Chief
16605 E. Palisades Blvd
Fountain Hills, AZ 85268
With a focus on providing a great customer shopping experience, the night crew chief strive to meet store and night crew team goals; ordering, stocking and merchandising product for general department shelves, displays and merchandisers.
Some Job Responsibilities include:
- Directing night crew personnel, meeting general department’s service level and merchandising goals and objectives.
- Communicating directly with the store director and merchandising manager.
- Ordering general department (grocery, non-foods, HBC, frozen foods and liquor) products necessary to maintain adequate stock levels.
- Stocking and merchandising general department products in accordance with sales and merchandising department standards.
- Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and fellow team members.
- Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering product information, providing selling suggestions and always giving a genuine thank you.
- Unloading trailers, receiving merchandise, auditing received merchandise, breaking down, positioning cases of product in the warehouse, sales floor or walk-in cooler.
- Keeping shelves full and faced and building attractive floor, aisle and frontend displays.
- Understanding the importance of monitoring product pricing, signage, and placement and the proper use of product shelf tags and signage.
- Keeping clean neat and orderly work areas and warehouses, including well swept floors.
- Attentively stocking dated perishable products, rotating them as necessary to ensure quality and safety.
- Processing cash register transactions, inputting product costs, giving back change, processing checks, EBTs, WIC checks, refunds, product coupons and gift certificates.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Must be at least 18 years old.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time;
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned;
This job description is subject to change at any time
Employer provides reasonable accommodations to a qualified employee that does not impose an undue hardship on the employer.
- Lead others within the general department and night crew, setting goals and objectives, acknowledging member performance and holding the team accountable for their performance.
- With both customers and team members, remain helpful, tactful and courteous at all times.
- Work quickly and efficiently, sometimes with no direction, to accomplish assigned duties.
- Operate a cash register, accurately recording transactions.
- Add, subtract, divide, multiply and perform other basic business math calculations.
- Read UPC codes, product labels, shelf signage, business forms, and posted company policies/procedures.
- Be knowledgeable of a wide variety general department products (grocery, frozen food, HBC, non-foods, liquor, DSD and dairy), including their locations in the store.
- Memorize product locations.
- Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to fill and rotate products quickly and use necessary equipment, including box cutters.
- Communicate openly and professionally through appropriate body language, facial expressions and speech, also communicating in writing when necessary.
- Listen to and understand verbal and non-verbal communication of customers and fellow members.
- Stand for long periods of time, bend and twist, and frequently lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies weighing 30 – 50lbs.
- Lift 50 and maneuver up to 100 lbs, while breaking down large and very heavy pallet loads of produce cases, boxes and bags.
- Operate manual and electric pallet jacks.
- Often work in walk-in refrigerated coolers.