15310 N. Oracle
Tucson, AZ 85739
Overseen by a licensed pharmacist pharmacy technicians receive and fill prescription requests for customers, filling prescriptions from hospitals, physicians, nurses or directly from the customer. All technicians are either certified technicians or technician trainees in accordance with current rules and regulations of the Arizona State Board of Pharmacy.
Some Job Responsibilities include:
- Assisting pharmacist on duty with the filling and dispensing of prescriptions.
- Assuring customer satisfaction through pleasant and efficient service, both on the telephone and in person.
- Complying with all applicable federal and state laws and the rules and regulations of the Arizona State Board of Pharmacy.
- Performing counter service, receiving prescriptions and checking patient information.
- Ringing sales on the register and completing sales transactions of cash, credit or debit.
- Properly logging all third party transactions.
- Providing information and advice concerning the use and purchase of over-counter medications and healthy food products.
- Providing telephone service, responding to all phone calls in a professional and courteous manner.
- Taking patient refill requests over the telephone, calling doctors’ offices with refill requests, directing doctors’ offices calls to the pharmacist or pharmacy intern.
- Accepting verbal authorization for refill prescriptions.
- Handling all other patient calls, transferring them to the pharmacist or other areas/departments of the grocery store.
- Maintaining computer patient files and prescription labels.
- Preparing prescriptions, including counting, pouring and reconstituting drugs with pharmacist’s verification.
- Affixing prescription labels, bagging completed prescriptions and placing them in the pick-up section.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Must be at least 18-years old.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time;
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned;
This job description is subject to change at any time
Employer provides reasonable accommodations to a qualified employee that does not impose an undue hardship on the employer.
- Contribute to the success of a high-performing work pharmacy team.
- Communicate well with customers, health care providers, fellow team members, the pharmacist and store management.
- Actively greet customers, seeking to build lasting relationships with pharmacy customers.
- Actively listen, giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Actively provide product information, suggestively selling products beneficial to the health of pharmacy customers.
- Operate a cash register and properly use all pharmacy department computers and computer software.
- While speaking, effectively convey information.
- Read and see details at close range.
- Read with comprehension, understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Use mathematics to solve problems.
- Write effectively.
- Effectively train others on the store/pharmacy team.
- Be socially perceptive, aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Actively learn, understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision making.
- When at work, stand for long periods of time.
- Demonstrate dexterity with hands and fingers, filling bottles, labeling bottles, rotating products, etc.
- Lift up to thirty pounds.
- Bend and twist back while maneuvering pharmacy products and supplies.